Say Yes Student Ambassador Application 2018-19
Applications and all supporting documents are due September 28, 2018.
Please submit this application along with the following items, which can be uploaded to this form:
☐ An unofficial copy of your most recent transcript
☐ A copy of your current college course schedule (screen shots are acceptable)
If you have any questions, please contact:
Johanna Caplan, Internship & Career Pathways Supervisor
Thank you for considering the Say Yes Ambassador (SYA) Program! Your role as an ambassador is critical to our organization and preserving the opportunity of higher education for all students in the City of Buffalo for generations to come. Each application will be reviewed carefully and applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the program. Twelve students will be accepted each year. Students who are not accepted due to the program being full are encouraged to apply for the following year. All accepted participants are expected to attend monthly meetings that will be held on the second Thursday of the month from 5:30pm-7:00pm at Say Yes Buffalo, 712 Main St, starting on October 11, 2018 and ending on June 13, 2019.
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua & Barbuda
Bosnia & Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Congo - Brazzaville
Congo - Kinshasa
French Southern Territories
Heard & McDonald Islands
Hong Kong SAR China
Isle of Man
Macau SAR China
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé & Príncipe
South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Pierre & Miquelon
St. Vincent & Grenadines
Svalbard & Jan Mayen
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos Islands
U.S. Outlying Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Wallis & Futuna
Can we text you at the above number?
Are you available to attend the monthly meetings that will be held the second Thursday of the month at Say Yes Buffalo, 712 Main St, starting on October 11, 2018 from 5:30pm-7:00pm through June 13, 2019?
What college do you currently attend?
What is your anticipated year of graduation from college?
What high school did you attend?
What year did you graduate from high school?
What is your major/field of study?
What is your current GPA? If you are a first semester freshman, you can leave this question blank.
What do you plan to do immediately after you earn your associate's/bachelor's degree?
What is your career goal?
Does one or both of your parent(s)/guardians(s) have a college degree?
In a short paragraph, explain why you are interested in becoming a Say Yes Ambassador.
What do you hope to accomplish as a result of your volunteering in the Say Yes Ambassador program?
What advice do you have for younger students in Buffalo about the importance of education?
Describe the characteristics you possess that have helped you get to where you are today.
Are you comfortable speaking in front of groups? What experience, if any, do you have presenting in front of groups?
Are you bilingual? If so, please tell us the languages (other than English) that you are able to read/write:
How did you find out about the Say Yes Ambassadors Program?
Please attach a copy of your most recent transcript. Unofficial copies are acceptable.
If you are a first semester freshman, you can skip this step.
Please attach a copy of your current college course schedule (screen shots are acceptable).
Please attach your faculty or employer recommendation (screen shots are acceptable).
Say Yes Student Ambassador Program
Code of Conduct 2018-2019
As a Say Yes Buffalo Student Ambassador, please be advised that Say Yes Buffalo maintains the following expectations of all ambassadors:
1. Meet all SYB Ambassador eligibility requirements, including:
• Must be Say Yes eligible and enrolled full time at a Say Yes partner college
• Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
• Be in good standing at your college and passing all classes
• Have a willingness to share your story in front of large audiences
• Positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills
2. Participate in 3 of the following SYB Ambassador activities, including:
• Community Leadership Council meeting (3 times/year)
• Angel Donor Breakfast (3 times/year)
• Say Yes Scholar Annual Kick-Off in June
• Donor/Scholar Thank You event
• Say Yes workshops
• Scholarship fairs
• Writing thank you notes and/or making phone calls to donors
• Additional events, such as promotional events, donor dinners/cocktail parties, etc.
• Community events, such as Juneteenth, the Puerto Rican Day parade, etc.
3. Adhere to the following Roles and Responsibilities:
• Volunteer for a minimum of 3 events per year (MANDATORY)
• Participate in at least 6 monthly professional workshops from October through June (MANDATORY)
• Assist with recruitment of additional Ambassadors for next cohort
• Serve as a positive role model in the community and on student’s college campus
• Help foster Say Yes’s positive reputation in and around the City of Buffalo
• Develop community service project as a group to be held in June
• Arrive on time for professional workshops
4. SYB Ambassadors may be dismissed from the program for (but not limited to) the following reasons:
• Lack of participation in events
• Not being a positive role model
• Inappropriate language or behavior
• Losing Say Yes eligibility
• Miss more than 2 professional workshops
Checking the "Yes" box below indicates that I understand and accept all expectations set forth in this Code of Conduct. This is a requirement to participate in the program.
Yes, I have read and agree to the Code of Conduct.
No, I do not agree to the Code of Conduct.
Initial and Date
By initialing this form, I verify that all of the information provided is correct and factual to the best of my knowledge.
Do Not Fill This Out